STORM UPDATE (as of 8/13/2020): The City Public Works Department is asking all residents to be patient as this is a massive clean up effort and they are working as quickly and efficiently as they can. Your understanding and cooperation is appreciated.
Reminder: The City Public Works Department will be handling parkway tree limbs and/or downed or split parkway trees. Your private property tree debris will not be picked up by the City. Residents are to follow the Waste Management Yard Waste guidelines to dispose of private tree debris:
To report a downed or split parkway tree and/or roadway blockage, you can use the online service request system:
- W/M picks up at 7 AM every Friday in Brookside except on holiday weeks listed below.
- Holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day - When your pick up falls on or after one of these holidays, your regular pickup will be one day late during that week.
- Yard Waste is collected weekly from approximately mid March through the first week of December. (Dates can be verified on the city site listed below)
- Carts should be placed 2 feet apart at the curb with handle facing away from the street the night before a collection day.
- Carts should be removed no later than the evening of collection day and stored inside your garage except for yard waste which may be stored outside, but not visible from the front view of your property.
Contact Information: W/M 815-280-7854 or City of Joliet - Garbage & Recycling
Hazardous waste, electronics and other materials are picked up via WM at no additional charge to you. Check out the video and find out how.